If you want to send me your songs for mastering, the file size will most likely be too large for an e-mail. You can, of course, mail me a link to your file server or Dropbox etc. The easiest way for you to send me your files is through WeTransfer (a free service without registration). If we haven’t had contact so far, please get in touch with me first by e-mail or phone, so that I know which project the files belong to. Please do also read through the following information and important notes on how to transmit your audio files.
Please note these steps before you upload your files:
- Name your files, so that I can recognize each song and number them in the order, in which they shall appear on the album
- Please do not send me compressed file formats such as MP3, AAC, OGG e.g. Mastering can only enhance what is there. Through the coding of these formats, too much information is lost that can not be restored by the mastering process
- Always send stereo-interleaved files, not split-stereo files
- The files should never have hard digital clipping
- Please do not use any plugins on the master fader, which do only raise the level of your final track – always remove them before bouncing your track
Please do only send uncompressed WAV or AIFF files!
Please understand that compressed formats like MP3 will not be mastered! Thanks.
Instructions on Uploads through WeTransfer:
- Select the files you would like to send me by clicking on the “Add your files” button.
- Click on “Your email” and add your email address. This is shown to me as sender. My e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) should already be assigned to the “Their email address” field. If you like, you can add a message in the “Message” field.
- Click the “Transfer” button and your songs will be uploaded and I can download them afterwards.
Privacy note on WeTransfer: